Well, it has been quite the week. I am recovering from being sick (fever, ear aches, body aches, headache, and horrible sore thoart). I slept all day last Friday and Sat.--Which I think helped but still recovering. I lost my voice earlier in the week, and it is starting to come back, still sound like I am sick. Cough syrup really helps!:)
It has been a hard week at Stout. Three students died in a fire....very sad. Walking around campus you can tell that something bad happened. This morning a abhorrent group that preaches hate come to Stout to protest about the deaths. They had some very disturbing things to say concerning the recent deaths on campus and about homosexuality. There was a lot of screaming and police cars around this morning. As my roommate, Heather and I walked to class this morning, we were in shock and immediately started to pray. God was present on Stout Campus this morning. From one of the dorm rooms we could hear someone playing worship songs. I got teary eyed and just thank God for being so amazing, and that he would just Protect all. Having said that: It has been a challenging couple of hours. The topic of Christianity has come up. Pray that I can say the right thing and can stand on what I believe. As the verse in Timothy says, "who wants all men to be saved and come to knowledge of the truth." (1 Tim 2:4). That is my prayer and I pray that I can be a light and show God's love through my actions and words.
As for Australia: I have a orientation meeting this coming weekend. I think that will help calm my nerves a little bit. I am looking forward to learning more about my upcoming Adventure! My mom and dad are coming to Menomonie for that. I am excited for them to come!:) On Sunday evening, we are meeting to go over our Visa Application and to finally apply! I leave in 40 days! AHHHH!
I also should find out where I am doing my Kindergarten and Primary placement for the Fall in the coming weeks! I am anxious to find out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment